iPhone 11 Pro iPhone and AppleCare.....

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Purchased AppleCare alongside my iPhone - yet in Setting/General it states I have 55 days to purchase AppleCare.
When I check the serial online it also shows the standard year and that it is 'Eligible for Applecare'

Anyone else like this or just me?
Does it take a few days to register?

Phaethar

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2017
MN
Same thing. Got my 11 Pro Max today as part of the IUP which includes AppleCare+. I even went back and verified on my order that it shows it, which it does. But the phone still shows that it's eligible for 55 more days. Hoping it works itself out. I will note that I also have not received my AppleCare certificate via email yet like I have in the past, so it may just be that they are backed up.

wicker21

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
Noticed this as well. I assume it will take a few days to register after you setup/activate your device.

billhelm

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
same here. I also had issues with it disappearing on my prior phone on iUP so I'll be watching this one closely.

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I’m sure last year it just linked up straight away. Nevertheless will give it a week and check again!

matt9753

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2019
Same here and my invoice shows it as well. I assume there will be no issues as long as you can show the invoice if you ever need to use it.

adam1080

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2012
Just phoned in and was told it could take up to 6 days to register
LOL

After starting a chat with support, I got a call back from their "Agreement Admin" team which said it typically takes 72 hours for the AppleCare+ to connect to an activated device(which I replied that I had never seen that with any other device, but if they say so...)

They said to call back Tuesday if it does not update.

Reactions: Ifti

Antr7

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2015
LOL

After starting a chat with support, I got a call back from their "Agreement Admin" team which said it typically takes 72 hours for the AppleCare+ to connect to an activated device(which I replied that I had never seen that with any other device, but if they say so...)

They said to call back Tuesday if it does not update.
I am having the same issue and was told the 72 hour window as well

MacBird

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2010
Thanks for posting this thread, saves me a call/chat, at least if they fix the issue on their end.

Appleloves22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
I had the same issue. An hour later, I got the email with terms and conditions and now it’s showing on my subscriptions page. The message to add Apple care plus is also gone.

kawalerzysta

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2013
Tobyhanna, PA
Got my 11 today on IUP as well and have same issue. Apple Care on my previous IUP purchases showed up immediately. Hopefully it will resolve itself within next few days.

kawalerzysta

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2013
Tobyhanna, PA
This morning I have received my proof of coverage, however banner still showing up. When I press to continue it says Apple Care is not available for this device and select other device. When I do that I can see all of my devices along with my new iPhone. On there it says that iPhone has Apple Care+ coverage. On chat they told me not to worry and coverage on the phone should reflect correct status within 72 hours. We will see.

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Haven't received my proof of coverage or any change to iPhone just yet.
Not too worried as I have the invoice showing Ive purchased it, but would like it to be sorted nonetheless!

killhippie

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2016
UK
Same here, my invoice came though as a PDF and was blank when printed! Its on my order though so have taken a screenshot of that in case it vanishes. I too was told 72 hours, which I've never heard of before, so call back Tuesday if nothings happened.

Reactions: Ifti

megatron2000

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
I’m having the same issue on Two phones. Will give it a couple days before calling apple. Thanks for posting.