iPhone and At&t rock!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jetworkr, Feb 9, 2010.

1. jetworkr macrumors newbie

After much waiting for Verizon to pull the trigger I finally took the plunge and switched to At&t and the iPhone 16g 3GS refurb. So far I love it however--

The first couple of days I was experiencing many instances of the phone freezing (for no particular reason--sometimes I'd be surfing or playing with my apps or even entering a new contact.) I could cycle between app pages and the spotlight page via the home button but the touch screen wouldn't work. I could hit the wake/ sleep button twice and it would come back fine. Also a slight shake (like for changing songs on a nano) would do the trick too.

I took it in to the Apple store and they hooked it up and found nothing wrong with the hardware--they figured it was a software issue. And since it had been fine for about two days after the initial issues they sent me home with the idea that I could bring it back if there's anymore issues.

I've had about two or three lock ups per day since and I'm planning on bringing it back but even with this issue I love the phone--and the At&t service has been great so far...

Jim

2. Resist macrumors 68030

While yes the iPhone rocks, AT&T....not so much.

3. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

its funny people dont see att good till they just switched. but other people like to just bitch about nothing.

5. Oskee2001 macrumors regular

i have to agree....I've had AT&T since 2001 with no problems.

6. tritonj macrumors 6502a

like all cell service it is a different for everyone, it just comes down to the area you live, i always say get the service with the best coverage for the areas that you will be at. no point in going with the carrier with supposedly has the best service everywhere but the area you happen to be in.

7. TuckBodi macrumors 6502

8. hobes270 macrumors regular

iphone is sweet. att is terrible. I switched from Verizon and att has nothing good going for them...except iphone

9. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

ATT isn't the issue when it comes to connection issues with the iPhone. The iPhone is the issue. Take a look at ATTs network anytime before the iPhone or at any other phone that's on ATT's network. There are zero problems with phones on ATT's network except the iPhone.

There have also been numberous articles and discussions on the fact that the iPhone is a poorly built phone. People want to quickly blame the network - wrong.

10. UTclassof89 macrumors 6502

UTclassof89

I had intermittent dropped calls and "no service available" with my Razr on AT&T. Same with the iPhone.

It's the network, not the phone. (and their customer service is a nightmare).

Will move to Verizon the instant they offer iPhone!

11. Resist macrumors 68030

I am not a fan of AT&T cell phone service. Not that I have had coverage issues. It's more about the throttling they have done to the iPhone.

12. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

OP, I'm right there with you. I got the original iPhone a few months after it came out and that was the first time I had AT&T. I've had all 3 iPhones and have had no problems with any of them OR AT&T. It seems the people who hate AT&T live in an area where it sucks. It's good in my area, so I've got no reason to complain

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

So when my iPhone worked great for 6 months, then terrible for 12 months, and then great again for 2 months that's because my PHONE was magically getting worse and better over time?

That's...pretty amazing!

14. byulasfjazz macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

I have the Iphone 3Gs and my friends and I argue over whos phone is the best and what service is best...

Truth be told.. the Iphone 3gs on ATT blows all phones out of the water when it comes to speed.. I win everytime we compare.

Utah must be the gold mine for att 3G or something.. cause most of the time I cant tell the difference from wireless or 3G service.

been with ATT for 3 years now.. no problems except a week ago they were working on the towers here and only had EDGE for a day or 2 :(

but now its back and im still lovin it.

15. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

if you guys think at&t's network is so crappy where u live, get the "mark the spot" app by at&t for free, and fill out the information. and theyll try to fix it.

16. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

Yeah, keep dreaming, Verizon fan boy.

17. jetworkr thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha I don't work for At&t. I work for DOT FAA. At&t's coverage in my area so far has been rock solid. Verizon was never this good.

Haven't had to deal with customer service yet (But Apple's been good so far.)

18. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

One thing to keep in mind is if all 7 million iPhones were magically switched to Verizon tomorrow how slow and congested their network would instantly be?