iPhone and Bose SoundDock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CD3660, Nov 26, 2007.

1. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Is anyone using an iPhone with the original model of the Bose SoundDock (i.e. the first one released in 2005)?

The reason I ask is that I would like to make sure that they are compatible, particularly as I read a report on these forums a couple of weeks ago that suggested there might be compatibility issues. If I remember correctly, the poster was suggesting that his iPhone 'fried' when he put it on the SoundDock?

Can anyone clarify the situation?

2. iBore macrumors newbie

I use my iPhone with my Bose SounDock (2005) no propblem. When you put the iPhone in the dock it gives you the option to swith the "airplane mode" as its not a speaker made for iPhone but it plays exactly the same as a normal iPod.

3. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

Thanks for that; I couldn't think of any reason why it would be incompatible.

As regards the option to switch to airplane mode, I suppose that this gets over the problem of GSM buzz when the telephone is operational. Do you use it in normal or airplane mode. If normal, do you get GSM buzz?

4. rayward macrumors 65816

I get the same "Airplane Mode" option with my Lansing travel speakers. There's buzzing initially when I plug the iPhone in, but I leave the phone functions on and don't get any further buzzing.

5. bramalho macrumors newbie

Bose fried iPhone

The guys right. Mine just fried on the older Bose dock. To bad I didn't read this forum first.