iPhone and camera privacy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Primejimbo, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Now I had some fiends freaking out about the new Facebook messenger app and now they found an article how Facebook will have access to the phones contacts, microphone, camera, location, and other things. I wasn't too worried because how when you 1st download an app, it will ask you to approve the app to use something like the microphone and so on. Also in the privacy settings you can see what app is allowed to use what item on the iPhone, and turn it on or off. One thing I noticed is there isn't anything for the camera. I see:
    • Location services
    • Contacts
    • Reminders
    • Photos
    • Bluetooth sharing
    • Microphone
    • Motion Activity
    I am surprised I don't see camera on this list. Shouldn't it be? I don't want random apps having access to my camera.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Facebook, Photo, click the camera icon. You will be prompted to allow or not allow Facebook to have access to your camera.

3. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

It asked to have access to my photos, but not my camera.

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Did you tap the Camera icon in the top left corner, the camera thumbnail before the photos? i just did and it prompted me to grant access to the Camera.

Try again perhaps? Check in Settings, Privacy, Camera. Facebook now shows for me there as me having access turned off.

5. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

Yes, I did that. I also don't see camera under privacy settings at all, just the stuff I listed in my 1st post.

Attached Files: