iPhone and Comcast - how to sinc-up mailboxes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Whyman, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Whyman macrumors newbie

I think I've reached the end of my rope with Comcast. For the last couple of days I've tried to get my Mac Mail mailboxes onto my new iPhone. Comcast has been less than helpful. I now realize that I need an imap account (which Comcast doesn't support). How can I work around this?

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Easiest would be to have all your comcast mail forwarded to another address. I'm surprised they don't support IMAP. I'd just get a gmail/yahoo or some other free email account. Yahoo supports push, so you might like that best.

3. Whyman thread starter macrumors newbie

4. rarity macrumors regular

rarity

I have my comcast mail forwarded to gmail. Works perfect. I can't forward yahoo to gmail, though b/c I'm not going to upgrade to premium or whatever it's called.

5. comcaster macrumors newbie

Now don't worry - download the new Comcast mobile app

Comcast is now on the iPhone bandwagon. On Thursday, Comcast, the largest cable operator in the U.S. by subscribers, announced a free application for the Apple device that lets customers check their Comcast email and home voice mail as well as surf their TV schedules
    the application has gotten largely positive reviews in the blogosphere. Gizmodo calls it a “surprisingly nice little app,” while MobileCrunch says it’s “a good, solid offering that’s a no-brainer for iPhone owners who subscribe to and use Comcast’s voice, internet, and cable services.”

Link to app store - http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=320788270&mt=8