iPhone and CPWH

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

Hey. I've been trying to get ahold of an iPhone 3G upgrade for a few days now and cannot seem to find anywhere in stock. My local o2 shop had them in stock yesterday morning but had sold out by 10AM. They said their next delivery is around Wednesday next week.

I phoned CPWH and asked them to process the upgrade through the phone and send me a 3G iPhone, which they tried to do, however the upgrade came back as Failed for some reason, so they told me to contact o2, who said that I was eligible for an upgrade and it was a fault with CPWH.

Anyway, does anyone know if I can go into a CPWH shop and get them to upgrade me in store and get a iPhone there and then?. I have 3 local stores near me and only 1 o2 store.

Cheers.

2. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great, thanks. It seas on the CPWH website that stores will have stock of the 3G iPhone from 2PM today. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick one up.

3. freelander macrumors member

Got mine through the Crewe store. Staff were really helpful, and apologetic for the shambolic launch for which they weren't responsible. You won't be disappointed!!

4. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just got back from CPWH with a brand new 8GB. :D

5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

6. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

They have 5 left if anyone wants to drive to the CPWH store in Hayes, Middlesex. :p

7. scalest macrumors member

So, just to be clear, there is no disadvantage for current 2G iPhone owners to upgrade at CPW rather than an O2 shop? No longer wait to transfer phone number over to new phone or anything like that? If you upgrade through CPW is your contract directly with O2 or are you on contract with CPW? I really hate CPW but I'm starting to get desperate now, hence the questions!

8. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, there is no difference, except CPWH take your details. Even if you took your current iPhone 2G contract out with o2, you can still upgrade to a 3G iPhone at CPWH.

9. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

The carphone warehouse direct phone lines now have stock, just wondering if anyone has upgraded through them yet ?

I will do it as soon as I have time.

10. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried that before I picked one up from the store. My upgrade was declined for some reason. It was fine when I went in store though.