iphone and enterprise proxy.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TeeJayEm, Sep 15, 2009.

1. TeeJayEm macrumors regular

At work i use our wifi (partly because cell signal sucks in the building). You authenticate using a "domain\username" and password. Well everything is fine with that as i am able to browse on safari. The issue i am having is most of the apps can't get through the proxy. Mail, YouTube, and all 3rd party apps can't connect while iTunes, App Store, and Safari can. Is this something i can fix on my end or do the Applications need to be written to talk through the proxy. If it is the latter, how come few (none that i've seen except the 3 apps i've mentioned) have addressed this issue?

I develop software on Windows and i know you do have to write code to communicate through a proxy so it seems like it would be the same thing for an iphone application. It just seems weird that NO 3rd party apps support this.

Thanks,

2. chrisidefix macrumors newbie

Hello TeeJayEm,

did you find any solution for this problem?
    I am having the same issue here and our IT people say it's because those applications are not "Enterprise Applications", which makes the iPhone / iPad useless in this network...