iPhone and Facebook Pictures

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ilona99, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Ilona99 macrumors newbie

Sometimes I take pics from my camera and sometimes I go into my camera rool to post to Facebook. On the newsfeed I can see my photo, but when I pull it up and can see photos I have taken previously that I may not want posted to Facebook. Why does this happen?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Pull what up? And are you seeing these photos in the Camera Roll or on Facebook? All of your photos are in the Camera Roll, only photos you individually select and add to Facebook will be added to Facebook.

3. Ilona99 thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked the photo I wanted to load onto Facebook. When I got into my FB account, it showed all my Ios photos even though I only checked one that I wanted to post. It does this whether I go into cameraroll to post or straight from my camera after a photo is taken. If I go into my FB app then click on the camera, it takes me to camera roll and shows checks, but no picutures show up under the check.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You probably authorized auto upload of your photos to Facebook through the app at some point.

That's a feature of the FB app for iOS. Giving the app that permission therefore allows all photos you take or download to be automatically uploaded to FB. FB's policy is that all of those pics are not viewable by anyone except you, unless you change the permissions.

Directly sharing a picture bypasses all of that and shares an already uploaded photo directly.

I'm just guessing here, you'd need to look in your settings (in the FB app) to verify that automatic picture upload is on. If you don't want this behavior then turn it off.