iPhone and fast charging.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BLUEBLASTER, Jul 20, 2016.

1. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

What is the reason for iPhones not including fast charging like we have on most of the android handsets.

Also would Apple be able to put it in the new 7 models?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Something that someone at Apple would really only be able to answer.

3. itsray macrumors 6502

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's not quite what is being talked about here.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I find plugging in before I sleep works fine, but that is just me.

6. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Most of the Android phones that offer fast charging use Qualcomm's Quick Charge which requires a Snapdragon processor. iPhones use a different processor so perhaps it isn't supported?

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/quick-charge

As far as whether the iPhone 7 will support it, I haven't read any rumors that would suggest this. It's possible, but we won't know until it's announced.

If you're interested in charging faster than what the standard charger provides, this is a good recommendation. On my iPhone 6S plus I can get 1% per minute up to about 80% then it slows down.

7. itsray macrumors 6502

this is what i do every time i'm going out. i'll just plug it in while i'm taking a shower or something. its convenient and great. even if its just for 10 minutes. the iPad charger is great for stuff like this.

8. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I've never had any problem with the speed of charging on my iPhone. Using an iPad charger will help, moreso on the Plus handsets. Make sure you're using a legitimate charger and cable.

9. cynics macrumors G4

Fast charging is a proprietary tech (from Qualcomm I believe). Apple does have means of "fast charging" in a sense that is why a Mac can charge an iPad but just not to the same level as Qualcomms (?) version. They will eventually figure out their own tech for it.