Iphone and GM Navi issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Db9938, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Db9938 macrumors member

First off, I have contacted GM, and they are scratching their heads on this one, so my thoughts are that maybe one of the recent updates has effected some of the functionality.

The whole story is that the wife got a new Yukon, with the Rear Seat Entertainment package. It connects through a USB cable that then uses the nav unit to pass the content onto the screens.

She bought the Yukon back in April, and on our trip to Gatlinburg, the phone showed up as an option on the video source selection. Now it doesn't.

I am attempting to do this with a 4s, with 5.1.1, and a ipad also on 5.1.1.

While connected, and in videos, the phone/ipad displays the white screen of connectedness. Whereas before, you had full functionality to choose the film, and control play/pause.

Anybody have any ideas?

2. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

What is different with the iPhone now then back in April? Was there a firmware update that you did?

3. Db9938 thread starter macrumors member

I believe that there has been a firmware update. That's kind of the problem, I can't exactly remember, and we use it so infrequently that when I went to try and use it recently I could not figure out what I was doing wrong.

That said, I think that I might have had a brain fart. Digging down to the nether regions of the center console, I found a set of ipod to AV connectors, cable. I plugged them in, and what do you know, it works.

For the life of me I thought that videos could be accessed through the head units remote usb connection. Oh well, as long as the kids can watch a video on the upcoming family vacation, life is good.