Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Angelo921

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Hello all, I am one of the unfortunate ones who has not yet had IMAP enabled for my gmail. The ones of you that have been granted IMAP can you let me know how you knew you had IMAP. Did google send you an email telling you and did you have to logout and log back in to your gmail to see the IMAP under your settings?

thanks
Angelo

~J~

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
No, i just went to gmail and checked under settings. you will see an IMAP section (to turn it on or off) when its enabled for your account. i would imagine that more accts will be enabled starting tomorrow.

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US
I had a very old gmail account, and did not get my imap turned on until Friday. I just kept looking in settings. I am sure it will all get up to speed fairly fast. I felt like I was being completely left out, but after checking like 5 times a day (really have my priorities straight, huh?) it showed up on Friday evening.

hhlee

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2005
i found the IMAP settings in my gmail account the day it was released. i'm not sure why rhyme or reason google has for enabling users for IMAP but i can imagine its being rolled out so their millions of users don't all start IMAPing their gigs of mail all at once...

good luck, it really works well on the iphone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.