iPhone and iCal Sync - iPhone is Confused by BST

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sallythemac, Mar 26, 2009.

1. sallythemac Guest

I just added what days I am working in April to my iCal, and then synced with my iPhone. I noticed that all of the times were out by an hour (+1 hour) on my iPhone. I created a few test appointments to see and they were too. I tried replacing all calendars on my iPhone using the option in iTunes and the problem persisted. I checked both my mac and iPhones international settings, and tried time zone support on the iPhone and iCal off and on and no difference. So then i am thinking "maybe the clocks have gone forward or something and no one told me". So i googled British Summer Time and the clocks go forward on 29th March. So i put a test appointment in on the 28th and the times stay correct when synced.

So it's definitely BST that's effecting the iPhone. But i am confused as to what to do. If i put all my appointments one hour behind on my mac, they will appear correct on my iPhone but will be wrong on my mac... I wonder whether it will sort itself after the 29th? I mean, if i leave it the clocks on the mac and iPhone should auto-correct... but will the change be reflected in the calendars?

Anyone else suffering from this or know a fix? Cheers!!

Edit: Found after time zone support is switched on in iCal that all the calendars i had recently put in were set to UTC. I changed them to London and they sync fine now.

2. ogee macrumors 6502

I have a related problem
    Ive put in a lot of entries in PST as I have to do things based on that time one, but Im on CET. Time zone support is on and so far so good, but, last night he clocks went forward, and all the appointments made on PST are shown incorrectly now in CEST (i.e. they are 1 hour late).

Any fixes ?

3. Mammall macrumors newbie

I"ve Figured It Out!!!!

I had this same problem and couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

I fixed it like this.

I adjustd the Iphone as i knew my iCal and .mac were correct.

First: I made sure my time zone in settings: general: date and time: was set to LONDON (where i live)

then i did this:

Settings : Mail, Contacts, Calendars : scroll down to calendars : click on time zone support and changed to LONDON again!

VOILA

no more probs

4. rusmac2go macrumors newbie

Thanks Mammall

I had the same problem - somehow my setting was for GMT + 4 instead of Philadelphia. As soon as I changed it back, all of my calendar entries that were an hour off were corrected. I'm wondering if any iPhone updates change the time zone.

Thanks again.