iphone and icloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbart505, Feb 9, 2012.

1. bbart505 macrumors newbie

I have a new iphone 4s and am wondering if I take pics, download songs, etc and set up icloud to back them up, will I be able to download them on my home computer imac G5 with OSx 10.5? What is the best way to interface this? When I hook up my iphone to sync it with G5, it asks if I want to save things to the G5 or icloud. Do I pick the G5 and things will download there but also be save on the icloud?

Also, what happens with itunes when i download music to home computer and then want to put it on iphone? or vice versa?

THANKS!!!!

2. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

3. bbart505 thread starter macrumors newbie

So, I can use it to back up iphone...then if I want to take pics and download them to home computer I just say yes to save to G5 and it will be backed up on G5 and ALSO icloud through iphone?

Thanks!

4. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

yes if you back up camera roll to iCLoud it will save it to iCLoud

5. bbart505 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just not sure if I should set up icloud on the new iphone or not? Any answers appreciated!!!

6. Small White Car, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, not as your primary account since you can't run iCloud on your computer.

You should stick to Google or Yahoo for calendars, email, and contacts.

Stick to good old USB for transferring photos back to the computer and music and videos back to the phone.

I guess you SHOULD get an iCloud account and put it on your phone, but only so you can turn on iCloud Backups and also 'Find my phone.' Then you can locate your phone by going to www.icloud.com. Those are the 2 things in iCloud that wouldn't sync to your Mac anyway, so you could use those.

7. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

I always back up to my mac and to icloud just incase stinks that powerpc isnt supporting to apple but again apple supported it longer then I thought they would