iPhone and Ipad merge.... samsung ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by njsa04playa, Oct 25, 2012.

1. njsa04playa macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, I just wanted to post a bit of an observation (in depth analysis) that I have made recently with the release of the ipad mini and the iphone 5.... I know we are all apple fans (some are fanboys) on this website (i have a macbook pro and an ipad) but for all intents and purposes please take a step back and look at the following from an unemotional viewpoint.

Facts:
    The iphone 5 has a 4 inch screen.
    The ipad mini has a 7.6 inch screen.

Apple makes money from taunting its customers to join its ecosystem and once they are "in" meaning purchased a decent amount of apps and icloud incorporated into their workflow it is too much of a hassle for them to change.

Next Apple comes up with "new" devices that run the same software as past ones in order to entice customers to purchase yet ANOTHER device that they dont need.

But apple has always been smart and been sure to keep the lines distinct enough between products so that it seems like a good idea to buy multiple devices and not just settle for one that can satisfy all of their needs.

Not anymore.

The lines have been blurred with the onset of the ipad mini, people surely will still flock to the stores to buy. But intelligent people will observe that getting the ipad mini will decrease their time with their iphone 5, since there is only so much time in a day that one can be with a device. So instead of fully utilizing one device, they split up time between multiple ones because thats the way apple markets. Now I will get to my point.

Personally I have a Galaxy s3 as my mobile phone, however the Galaxy Note II is coming out soon in the U.S. and has a 5.6 inch screen!

Even though I have an ipad 3, I feel that if I had the Note II I would not need to have the ipad anymore. The things that the ipad is more useful for than the note II can be done even better on a laptop. So the need for an ipad is successfully eliminated by the Note II (I am not saying it is NOT a compromise, excuse the double neg).

Does anyone else see the value in streamlining workflows to fewer devices, without making any true compromises?

What do you think of the analysis above?

2. Fyrrwin macrumors newbie

A 5.5 inch screen in my opinion IS a compromise. Awkwardly large for a phone, still too small for a tablet. No thanks.

3. dk206 macrumors regular

My friend is getting a Note 2 2moro. I shall see how good it is. Everything apart from size (which is subjective) said about it has been good.
    Tbh...if Apple made a iNote and did the 5.5 inches I'd buy it in a heart beat. @.@ Wouldnt u?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Seems like you're happy with your Note II and Galaxy S3.
    Others are not and that's the reason we have options.
    The more options available the better it is for the customer I think.
    You want it small, medium, large, with extra cheese?:D
    Its all good. Buy what you like and works best for you.
    Im not a big fan of the ipad mini, happy with my i5 and ipad. But many others might like it and will still sell well I think.