Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Purple skier

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Hey I've just upgrade my phone from iphone 4 to 6 yesterday. I have an iPad that uses wifi only. I've noticed that if I send a text message (green) to a person who doesn't have an iPhone that it now comes up on my iPad whereas before it didn't, why is this? Is there anyhow to stop texts coming to my iPad and only have iMessage ?

Both iPad and iPhone share the same Apple ID,

Many thanks for any advice

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Hey I've just upgrade my phone from iphone 4 to 6 yesterday. I have an iPad that uses wifi only. I've noticed that if I send a text message (green) to a person who doesn't have an iPhone that it now comes up on my iPad whereas before it didn't, why is this? Is there anyhow to stop texts coming to my iPad and only have iMessage ?

Both iPad and iPhone share the same Apple ID,

Many thanks for any advice

It's part of ios8 and quite normal. You can turn it off on your iPhone under settings >messages

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I like this, and I use it to forward my texts to my Mac as well. Definitely a plus :)

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Really? How? Please tell me how this works please

on your phone go to settings---facetime---iphone celluar calls--turn it on. Do the same thing on your ipad.

to get all messages, not just imessage go to settings---messages---text message forwarding---turn it on.

You cannot have wifi calling turned on or it will disable this feature. I am not sure if it is a bug right now, or it just will not work with wifi calling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.