Iphone and Iphone 3G processors unable to handle user stress

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theshadow07039, Sep 27, 2008.

1. theshadow07039 macrumors member

The original iphone processor wasnt designed for apps yet now with 2.0 we see people over burdening their iphones with crap. Pre 2.0 I could multitask safari with ipod with no problem, no skips no iphone freezing no ipod sounding like a broken record Jobs most know this or why else did he buy ARM to design new chips apple must've known their processor chips aren;t up to par with the actually abuse it gets from users.

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

The same thing happens with computers. Upgrade the OS enough and eventually it will begin to slow down. All this to say that I disagree, I think they purchased PA Semi to make the processors and in turn lower to overall cost to make each iPhone. The need for faster processor development comes naturally as you try to add more features. You could be right though. Who really knows outside the Apple & PA Semi executives.

3. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

The reasoning behind PA Semi is System on a Chip (SoC) integrating the variety of chips in the current iPhone (or other products) into a single integrated circuit, thereby saving power and real estate (of course there are more reasons why SoC is desirable, cost benefit and better understanding and control over the hardware in use being two more examples).