iPhone and iPod Hi-Fi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nlivo, Aug 24, 2007.

1. nlivo macrumors 6502a

does the iPhone fit well into the iPod Hi-Fi?? and does it then have the ability to skip, pause etc with the apple remote?? and i guess, does any sound come out??

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

It will fit in the dock...thats a standard iPod dock on an iPhone, and the iPhone is slimmer then many iPods.

Not sure about the remote though.

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

you can buy an iphone dock adapter set - 3 of them for $9 or so. i bought a set to put in my ipod hifi and universal dock when i use my iphone with them (yeah, i know it's not necessary, but i wanted them anyway).

the ipod hifi remote cannot control the iphone. my remote works perfectly with my ipods, but does absolutely nothing with my iphone when i'm playing music or podcasts on it.

4. 7racer macrumors regular

that's strange. My remote controls the iphone perfectly! I can change the vol and ffd/rev songs. I noticed that if the phone isn't seated all the way down it won't work.

5. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

How does this work? I haven't tried in my Hi-Fi and I suppose I could... but I remember when I first got the iPhone on launch day I tried to put the iPhone into my "Universal" dock and I got a message on the screen saying its not a compatible accessory.

:confused:

6. 7racer macrumors regular

yes and then you hit yes...it goes into airplane mode and you don't get the annoying radio static from the phone and it works.

I think you can even leave it in phone mode too.