iPhone and iPod Touch HELP - 2nd GEN

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amitdoc2b, Nov 30, 2008.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Hi.

I need your experience and input on this situation..

I currently own a 2nd generation iPhone and have an iTunes account on my current Macbook Pro.

I just bought a 2nd generation iPod Touch for my sister, as a Christmas gift. I wanted to preload applications on it for her.

I currently am in New York, and she lives in California. I have my own iTunes account, so I plan to register an iTunes account for her.

So my questions are:

1) Can I register for an iTunes account for her new iPod Touch on my Macbook Pro here in NY, even though I already have my own iTunes account on this notebook for my iPhone?

2) If yes to #1, if I download applications into her new iTunes account on my notebook, and transfer it to her iPod Touch.. once I mail the iPod Touch to her in California.. will she able to log onto the iTunes account on her own computer if I give her the username and password?

3) Will she lose all the stuff on her iTunes account in California after she logs in on her computer in California, if I downloaded from the iTunes store onto her iTunes account from my notebook here in New York?

Basically, im making her an iTunes account.. downloading stuff onto her account from my computer .. transferring it to her iPod Touch that I bought her.. and sending the loaded iPod Touch to her via mail.. and want to know if everything will be lost if she hooks the iPod Touch to her own computer even though she logs into the iTunes account I created for her.

Thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

2. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

hi again

Any help please? Its greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

3. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

sounds good. since u r creating a new itunes acct for her, and make sure that is the one logged on when u sync her ipod, then if she uses the same one in cali she wont lose any of the apps. music wouldnt work like that though, she would need her own set on her computer for that.

i think once she logs into her itunes and signs in she might, and someone correct me if im wrong, need to check for purchases and download those apps that were bought onto her comp.

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Hello.

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

If she already has an iTunes account with her iTunes Store purchases. I don't think that once she loggs out she'll be able to sync her iPod/iPod Touch if she owns one already. I think I'm wrong though. But can't you ask her for her current pass/account and then authorize your computer with that, sync the apps and then deauthorize once you're done?