iPhone and iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iJcaP, Oct 13, 2012.

1. iJcaP macrumors 6502

Out of curiosity does any one own an iPod Touch and an iPhone? For some it seems pointless, but I'm just curious to see who owns both.

If you do have both, did you get it before or after the iPhone?

2. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

i do own both.

first i had the iPT 3G, then i got the iphone 4S and a few months ago i replaced the IPT 3G with the 4G.

i dont think its pointless because i dock the ipod touch on the stereo system which leaves the iphone free to use.

additionally, when im not listening to music i can use battery-hungry apps such as games on the ipod-touch. when my iphone is charging at night i also take the ipod-touch to bed to read up on news or surf the net / facebook.

granted if my stereo system supported bluetooth (which doesn't), the iPad would have been the better option perhaps. still, it does complement my iPhone and i like that i have access to all my apps (not just universal ones) in both devices.

3. bruceclay85 macrumors member

bruceclay85

I own an iPhone 5 and will be getting an iPod touch. I'd rather not drain my battery or go through more cycles on it then I have to. So The iPod touch I use to dock and work out, and to us I'm my car for podcasting and music. Not to mention it frees up space on both devices this way.

Though I am definitely an exception. I can see the argument in being pointless to own both for some.

4. iNole macrumors member

I have an iPhone 5 and am considering getting an iPod touch. It is sort of redundant. I would use the iPod for music and games and save the battery on my iPhone. I'm not as worried about the number of charge cycles, I just find it a hassle to have to charge more than once per day.