iphone and macbook pro question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mbpny4s, Feb 13, 2012.

1. mbpny4s macrumors newbie

Is there anyone who keeps there iphone on, and in their front pocket for most of the day, almost everyday?
    Is there anyone who spends around 1-2 hours a day with a macbook pro or another mac laptop on there lap, almost every day?

I have heard that this can cause a person to be sterile, or reduce there sperm count. Is there anyone who has kept there iphone in their front pocket, turned on, most of the day, almost every day, for at least a year, and kept their mac on their lap 1-2 or more hours a day almost every day for at least a year or two, and has had a kid since?

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

The iPhone won't do any harm, as it's not near your genitals (well, shouldn't be). I haven't heard of many cases where someone has become "sterile" as the direct result of a laptop on their lap, but you should probably use a cushion in between the laptop and your lap :) Because aside from the sterile thing, which is what your worried about, the warm laptop creates ideal conditions for things like thrush... ;) Yep, I learned the hard way :eek:

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

There was a video saying the heat or radiation on cell phone cooking an egg. If you are really worry about it then put your phone in your bag pack or something similar.

Edit: Found the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axUBeF-W7II)

4. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I heard about this. Apparently, its not from the cell signal or radiation that causes it (though it contributes). Wi-Fi radio frequency is the culprit according to some studies.

This reminds me. Years ago I was inside our local Verizon store getting a new phone. I overheard the lady next to me asking the sales rep if they had any radiation blocking cases.