Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ggffnn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
2 simple questions from a newbie :)

1. is it possible in iphone mail to sort the e-mail by the addresser?
2. is it possible to view only unread messages?

thanks in advance

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

I believe the answer is no to both of your questions.

ggffnn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
sure?
i think it's absolutely crazy.
if someone get more then 30 mails/day it's unusable.

no solution?

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
All unread messages just appear at the top? I don't understand what the difference is if you see non read messages with them?

ggffnn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
I think (is my opinion) that the possibility of viewing only unread messages makes a lot of diference (maybe i haven't understood your post: is it possible to view unread messages at the top of the list?) .
Anyway i think that the "sort by" is a necessary function.

in my opinion ;)

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
I think (is my opinion) that the possibility of viewing only unread messages makes a lot of diference (maybe i haven't understood your post: is it possible to view unread messages at the top of the list?) .
Anyway i think that the "sort by" is a necessary function.

in my opinion ;)

In the mail application, you will have all the emails, and at the top of the them are all the unread emails. It is not like they are scattered between all the emails, although I suppose that is only for incoming mail and might be a little dfifferent if you are pushing from the computer. So my bad, I think we are both on different wavelengths. You are right, I suppose it might be a good idea to be able to have a 'sort by.' You should email steve and see what he has to say, if anything =].

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
sure?
i think it's absolutely crazy.
if someone get more then 30 mails/day it's unusable.

How many, exactly? 30? Twice that? 60? Let's say 60:

If your phone fetches mail ever 30 minutes that's about 1-2 messages per fetch. That doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Now, someone who gets hundreds of messages a day might like a 'sort' feature, but 30 (or 60) doesn't seem like a problem to me.

ggffnn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
is your opinion.
i only think that a forum called "iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting" should collect some complains too.
anyway i can't find in my mail all the unread mails at the top. they are all scattered.
can you help me please Telp?

thank you

AlphaBob

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Rhode Island
The email is sorted by order received (time) with new messages on the top. That unfortunately means unread messages will be mixed with unread messages if you read them out of order. If there is a way to change that I haven't found it yet.

We can only hope that the feature (reasonable) is added along with the absolutely necessary copy/cut/paste feature.

But the best thing to do is report this to Apple http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.