iphone and mobileme question....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsjustmeee, Dec 31, 2008.

1. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

Is it possible to stream compatible mp4 video files from mobileme to my iphone and watch them? ...... or do I have to actually download them into the iphone first?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I'm not sure if you can do this in MobileMe, but you can buy your own domain and storage and put the videos there, and then stream them via Safari.

So, it is possible.

3. iFerd macrumors 6502a

MobileFiles Pro will do this. The free version, which I have, won't do video.

4. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

you can put a video in the Public Folder of your iDisk and then just type that url into the safari browser and it will play.

ex: http://idisk.me.com/username/Public/video.m4v

I say to put it in the Public folder because that doesn't require a password (unless you have changed the settings around)

5. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Interesting .... it seems like it should be a no-brainer for that option with mobleme. It would be great to have a bunch of mp4 files uploaded and just go to them on your iphone and stream them. That way someone wouldn't always be concerned with using up precious GB space on the phone, but who knows. Maybe AT&T doesn't want all of that bandwidth being used all of the time.