iphone and moisture...and your warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elgrecomac, Apr 9, 2009.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Interesting reading on TUAW about moisture and the iphone.

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/04/09/attention-world-the-iphone-dislikes-moisture/

Now here is the kicker: if you downloaded and are playing Ocarina (the iphone wind instrument player) well, this is about the worst thing you can do to your iphone and void your warranty. As a woodwind player, blowing warm air in (or towards) anything causes moisture buildup.

You have been warned!

BTW, you can play Ocarina by just touching the screen but it is not the same.

2. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I've said this once and I'll say it again

why do you people feel so damn entitled

Manufacturers are under no constraint to make their electronics water proof :rolleyes:

Even at a young age you should now that water and electricity don't mix

3. elgrecomac thread starter macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Not arguing the point....

But when an application purchased at the itunes store promotes blowing wet air into an iphone, I believe it is important for people to know what they are getting themselves into.

4. gotsmartz macrumors newbie

I hear that moisture in the headphone jack and dock is not what sets off the indicator. The indicator is actually behind the headphone jack and dock, there is clear plastic in front of the indicator, it is only in that location so Apple can tell if it is water damaged. For that to turn pink, water would actually have to be inside the phone, not just the dock. I heard this from someone else, so I am not completely positive it is true, but it makes sense.

5. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

i took my iphone to a foam party, the touchscreen bottom half went unresponsive so i couldn't use the phone, i got it replaced no hassle. the trick to the iphone warranty is to never admit to doing something stupid, like dropping it or getting it wet.

6. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Waterproof? He's talking about "moisture" or blowing into your iPhone, not talking it swimming with you.