iPhone and no computer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kryten3000, May 1, 2010.

1. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

If someone did not own a computer but wanted to have an iPhone would their be any real issues that would hinder the actual use of the iPhone.
    I understand they would be unable to perform updates, jailbreaking etc.
    Thank you in advance for your comments.

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

The ecosystem works best (I think) when you have something you're syncing the phone to. But no, there would be no issues other than what you stated (no updates, no way to restore, no way to transfer your music/videos onto the phone).

3. kryten3000 thread starter macrumors regular

kryten3000

Thanks a bunch. I assume the same would be true of the iPad as well?
    I think my grandfather would enjoy Apple`s products, but alas he has no computer.

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Absolutely. Check out this CNET article about people that got their 99 year old grandmother an iPad.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20003192-17.html

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You'd be totally fine, the only things you can't really do are transfer media (music, photos, videos) onto the phone without buying from the iTS or saving from the internet. You'll also have to type in contacts, but yeah, just using as a phone is fine with no computer.

6. Haruhi macrumors regular

A key factor of the iphone is pprtability - and so withn this in mind, Apple developed thne iphone as it is today.

Portability ion mthne iphonhe is a well-known sujbject. Theyh want yoiuj to be on the go. The7y want your do download your songs from the web or itunes. on the go. That's thne point of thne iphone.

ringtones would be very diffidcudlt to get, i ponder on now, but who dcdares? if youj never heard it youd nhever think it.

7. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Er...a "key factor" of any phone is portability, surely. BTW, spell check is your friend. ;)

8. Bostonaholic macrumors 6502

Bostonaholic

Do people even read what they type before clicking 'Submit Reply'?