Iphone and not registering with o2

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alanswalker, Mar 5, 2008.

1. alanswalker macrumors member

Hey,

so someone mentioned to me that i could buy my iphone from the apple store or where ever, then take it home and jail break it so i can use my orange sim card in it.

Then never register the o2 sim card and i wouldnt have to pay the £35 a month charge - i know this is slighty wrong/illegal and apple or o2 could chase me to register the sim but i dont want to sign up for an 18 month contract as i am going to be moving country and a 18 month contract isnt an option.

I;m think the worst that would happen is they'd want the phone back or would want cash from me for the contract - try and demand the full price of the contract and then i just tell them to have their phone back.

Has anyone done this or have any advice.

cheers

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

3. alanswalker thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the info,

im just unsure as to how much o2 would chase u to register - mind though if i've left the country good luck with that

4. jeffmc macrumors 6502

no one is going to chase you or demand the phone back as it is not at all illegal

the only risk you are taking is that the phone will not be under warranty so if anything happens you'll need to buy a new one.