iPhone and on EE network in the UK?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Franks, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Just mentioned on another thread that EE make out that everyone is an isolated case.

However.... Every store I go into, thousands of people all over the UK on Twitter and on the net are complaining about EE every single day now. It was fine when it was Orange. I assume the T Mobile crowd have been hit too as they were merged with EE.

If you're in the UK and are contemplating them, please do yourself a favour and stay well away. They are abysmal and I've had no signal/3G at home for 4 months now, where I'd had full signal for 15 years on Orange. I now have 'E' instead of 3G which I've not seen for many years on a mobile. Shame on you Orange, greed wins out no doubt.

But having said this.... many people are on iPhones who complain. Now I don't suppose for one minute it's the phone, but has anyone used another phone who is on EE and had a marginally stronger signal. Can it be improved on the iPhone, at all,

and also..

.... Is there any truth whatsoever that if you turn off 3G on the iP4 or whichever phone, that your call signal increases, or is this just rubbish?

2. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

I agree too I'm suffering really bad with signal. Used to be 4 or 5 bars with Orange but now it's barely 2 ( if I'm lucky) with EE. I've been with them for 10 years and this is useless. I've just renewed my contract too :(
    I found turning off 3G on my 3GS did increase signal but you can't do that on an iPhone 5 :(
    I don't think it's the iPhone that suffers. I'm on my 3rd iPhone 5 and they all act the same. Even my old 3GS and the wife's 4 too. My friend has a Nokia lumia on EE and his is the same.
    Shame on you EE. I hope you do something about it.

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh no! When did you renew your contract, and are you in for another 2 years?

Dare I ask why you've had to go through 3 ip5s? Were they all from Orange or did you buy from Apple store? Am still clinging on to the 4.

I know for a fact they've removed thousands of masts which is why we're all suffering, nothing to do with 4G as some will lie..

Everyone I talk to who is on EE/Orange/T Mobile is having problems. All over the country, and that TV ad is doing my head in, because its just not true.

Tried turning off but makes no difference and if home wifi on so don't know how that'd help because that must cut off 3G anyway. Didn't know you can't do that on a 5? Why

4. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Hi
    Just into a new 2 year contract :(
    The first iPhone had a rattly mute button. The 2nd had a rubbish battery and this is the 3rd but I'm blaming EE for the poor battery life as there is no signal/3G half the time so it's always searching.
    You can't disable 3G on a 5 because its a LTE button and 3G stays on all the time. Some other networks give you a 3G button in there settings but not EE. typical :(

5. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

So if you bought a 5 from Apple you'd have that off button before its ruined by EE? If you're service is so poor from home that you are seeing SEARCHING NO SERVICE all the time, you can get out of the contract. Did EE send you the two replacements without moaning?

6. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

I went to Apple for the replacements as I don't deal with EE anymore. They are a waste of space.
    I shall be contacting them soon about this poor signal.

7. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

They'll offer you a signal box initially. Tell them to stick it. How long after receiving an upgrade from EE do Apple still change phone for?

8. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

They'll change them the whole of the 1 year warranty :)

9. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Nice one. I'm guessing O2 and Voda will clean up now because thousands will ditch them

10. Brian Y macrumors 68040

There's no point changing your phone with Apple because of poor signal with EE.

Even the newspapers have reported on it - EE is just a network we all need to avoid until they get their act together (a bit like 3 used to be).

11. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Obviously... :cool:

That wasn't the point, it was to warn anyone on these forums being taken in by that fraudulent advert telling you that EE is the biggest, fastest, best, etc. when in reality, it is by far the worst network in the UK at the moment. I've not seen so many thousands of complaints about any network for so long in my life, and still nothing has been done about it.

I've had no or inferior downgraded service for 4+ months, and those idiots just tell me they're spending so much money every day upgrading the service. Like I care. It's all lies. I just want a phone that makes calls and can get 3G.

Orange must be kicking themselves, I hope. If it ain't broke,..... I wonder if they can sue EE for killing their network and giving them this bad name?

DO NOT SIGN UP TO EE/Orange/T Mobile if you are in the UK. They are all one and the same and are basically taking your money every month and giving very little back, in most cases.

12. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

13. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks, just wish it would make a difference, but sadly, those masts they've removed won't be coming back, so.... time to get rid after 15 years loyal service with Orange. They don't have the same loyalty sadly, they're just like,... bye then!

14. tuesdayschild macrumors newbie

I've also been with Orange for 15 years and I've finally had enough. I loved Orange for the majority of that time. They should never have merged with EE. Talk about killing a company.

15. ITALIAN9 macrumors newbie

I don't think it's the iPhone that suffers. I'm on my 3rd iPhone 5 and they all act the same.[​IMG] Even my old 4 and the wife's 4s too.

16. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

i'm in the london area, and some friends down in the Walsh vallies, are reporting no service for the last few months.. they've decided to ditch the service..

never experienced orange as a network.. but my partner wasn't impressed when they took down the mask in the city where she lived... she said she had around 4-5 bars of 3g all the time, by the time they took it down she had 2 bar of GPRS.

O2 and Vodafone, seem to be having a good time as I've just renewed my contract with vodafone.. as the service is ENGLISH, the centres are ENGLISH!

that's why i love vodafone..