iPhone and Outlook 2007 Sync

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wrz0170, May 15, 2008.

1. wrz0170 macrumors regular

Hi everyone. I tried doing a search to see if anyone had similar issues, but I couldn't find anything.

In Outlook 07, when you make an event that has a span of days (ie, Mon~Wed) Outlook will put a "bar" across those days in the Month view signifying that you have something those days. So at a glance, you know instantly, you have something crossing the span.

However, if you do a span of dates on the calendar in the iPhone, it will show only one "dot" on one day. This almost gives a false sense that you may have an open day when you really don't unless you browse through the calendar.

It just seems a little ineffecient. Even basic cell phones with calendars; you had the ability to see at a glance appointments or events.

Is there a fix for this (user error)?
    Compatibility issue between iPhone and Outlook?
    Should I use another calendar/contact/email solution?

Thanks! :)

2. JPyre macrumors 6502

In iphone 2.0 beta 5 there ARE dots on all the days the appointment spans, no blank days

not sure on 1.1.4 or earlier...

I would get a mac, and use addressbook, mail, and itunes ;)

Although.... I sync contacts, mail, calenders to my work's exchange server in addition to all my macs mail contacts and calendars... gets a lil confusing sometimes....

Wait for 2.0 software, it has alot of MS support fixes, dont try the beta unless youre registered

3. wrz0170 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your response! I know it seems like a minor gripe. It just gets a little annoying when you make a lot of events and you need the calendar to be accurate. I guess we see what 2.0 brings!

As far as going Mac? I already decided to move to the dark side! :)

4. kerstinbakerash macrumors newbie