Iphone and Pioneer A/V receiver

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cptcarter, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Cptcarter macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I have an Iphone 3GS with 4.1 on it. Whenever I connect it to my Pioneer VSX-9040TXH receiver it plays for about 5 minutes and then stops playing. When I use my wife's Iphone 3GS (Version 3) hers works no problem so therefore it must be a software issue. Does anyone know a work around this? I am awaiting a reply from both Pioneer and Apple. Thanks!

2. KevFive18 macrumors newbie

Same Problem

Hi,

I am having the same problem. It used to work fine for 7 months up until about a month ago. Could have been when I upgraded my iPhone to the newest software. Can you let me know if you hear anything?

A song will play for anywhere form 10 seconds to 2 minutes and then stop playing through any speakers, but the song will continue playing on the ipod, just not audibly anywhere. Very frustrating.

Thank you.

3. Cptcarter thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey,

I got an e-mail back from Apple, haven't heard anything back from Pioneer.

Apparently, Apple is aware of the problem and they will have a fix for it in the next software update. Only problem is that my Iphone is jailbroken so I can't download it once it comes out. Hope this helps..

4. Fstmonte2002 macrumors newbie

Try rebooting the phone... Has cleared a similar issue up for me. Seems to be an issue on pioneer devices after an iTunes sync...

5. openendstraight macrumors regular

openendstraight

Yes you can. You are just choosing not to update, and lose your Jailbreak.

6. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

7. lilskaterpunk macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

Same problem here with Pioneer VSX-9040TXH but using iPhone 4 iOS 4.1. Do you know if the Pioneer VSX-9040TXH can be firmware updated?

Has anyone tried iOS 4.2.1?