iPhone and Proxy Server

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by harry20larry, Feb 1, 2009.

1. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

At my college, we have a wireless network, that is protected with a password and proxy logon settings.
    It works fine, when I enter a web address, it redirects me to my schools logon page, then gives me this:
    [​IMG]
    I logon as normal and I can browse, however, every time I close safari and reopen it, I have to go through this process again, which is a bit of a pain.
    Also, if I want to use other apps that require an internet connect, I have to use O2, there is no 3g coverage so this is very slow.
    Has anyone found a work around to this?

2. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Sorry, but if you're automatically logged out due to inactivity or browser termination, there's nothing on your side of things that can change that. Their system is just designed poorly.

IF O2 doesn't offer 3G coverage in your area, the only tip I could give you would be: get another carrier. Three's got pretty good 3G coverage, and Vodafone covers some areas that O2 and Three don't (although they really just tend to suck in most places.) Pick up some prepaid sims for a couple pounds and try 'em out until you find the one with the best coverage.