iPhone and snow?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kjade, Nov 11, 2012.

1. kjade, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012

kjade macrumors newbie

This might be a stupid question, but I've heard a lot of different answers to this and wonder if anyone might be able to give me a straight one.
    I lost my phone yesterday (iPhone 4s) somewhere between leaving my work and walking across the street to my car. I'm almost positive I had my phone in the side pocket of my purse, but after I brushed the snow off of my car I reached into my purse for it and it was nowhere to be found. I retraced my steps literally 5 times over and hunted in the snow around my car 4 separate times, searched my car and emptied out my purse and it's still missing. I also checked my work, and it wasn't there, so I assumed I dropped it in the snow. But this was yesterday at 6 PM (and it's now the next day at 10:50 PM). When I call my phone, it still rings and doesn't go straight to voicemail as if it were dead. This sort of leads me to think maybe it isn't in the snow -- wouldn't it be water damaged by now/dead/shut down from water damage? Has anyone had an experience with their iPhone and snow? I have hope it might still be alive hidden somewhere without any sort of water damage, not in the snow. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

*Also, I stupidly didn't install the find my iphone app and I'm reaaally kicking myself for it now. I only got this phone about a month ago and never thought to do it.

***And my main question is, after 24 hours if it still is ringing when I call it, what do you think the chances are of it actually being in the snow?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like you lost it somewhere.
    Try calling it again and would help if you had find my iphone installed. You would be able to see exactly where its at.
    Maybe next time...

3. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Maybe you only think that you had it in your purse and will find it on Monday when you go back to work. Call your phone from a work phone. Keeping a good thought for that being the case... :)

If you call the number too much, your battery will die. :(

4. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

5. lelisa13p, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012

lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

OP stated that Find My iPhone had not been setup on the device.