Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBookWhooo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2014
Philippines
I decided to delete all of my iPhone's photos and videos so I copied everything to iPhoto and deleted everything on my phone. After that, I decided to backup my phone through iTunes. Then I reinstalled iOS 7.1 through iTunes (via ipsw and Restore phone). After a few minutes, I was able to restore everything. The phone is much faster than before. The only problem is, the Photo Library still consumes space.

Here is the video of it.

YouTube Video - http://youtu.be/Y7SkuUqnPBU

Last edited:

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
I decided to delete all of my iPhone's photos and videos so I copied everything to iPhoto and deleted everything on my phone. After that, I decided to backup my phone through iTunes. Then I reinstalled iOS 7.1 through iTunes (via ipsw and Restore phone). After a few minutes, I was able to restore everything. The phone is much faster than before. The only problem is, the Photo Library still consumes space.

Here is the video of it.

YouTube Video - http://youtu.be/Y7SkuUqnPBU

It's most likely your backup contained your photos.

I wish Apple really would help users figure out what "Other" was and gave us a way to see and delete that data. My 32GB iPhone has 6GB of it taken up by "Other". It's certainly not making my phone any faster.

But since 7.1.1 came out today, I may just do a fresh install. But I know it'll be back in a couple of months.

MacBookWhooo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2014
Philippines
It's most likely your backup contained your photos.

I wish Apple really would help users figure out what "Other" was and gave us a way to see and delete that data. My 32GB iPhone has 6GB of it taken up by "Other". It's certainly not making my phone any faster.

But since 7.1.1 came out today, I may just do a fresh install. But I know it'll be back in a couple of months.

I can't see the "Other" category that you are talking about. But that reminds me of iOS 6. Although, as far as I know back in iOS 6, you can easily swipe the section that you want to delete which is under Usage. So in short, that is like Cache? I'm thinking of the thumbnails or the pictures that I edited directly in the Photo Library browser of my phone. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.