IPhone and Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by madracer2007, Feb 8, 2008.

1. madracer2007 macrumors newbie

Great news. Verizon will start offering service when Apple opens it up in June. Starting June 30th we will be able to buy an IPhone and have verizon as a service provider. Thank God. AtT is hell. What a worthless company.

Apple will announce it on June 1.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Right, Apple's going to make an announcement on Sunday, June 1st that they've modified their iPhone to work with the completely different technology that runs Verizons network (CDMA).

Thanks for registering on the forums here to post that though.

3. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Its actually possible given the firmware lists a mobile device not yet created.

4. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

AT&T has an exclusive contract with Apple for five years. Besides, as a former Verizon Worthless customer, who switched to AT&T long before the iphone, even if they were to open the phone up to CDMA, which gives you 50% reduced battery life, I would never ever go back. If Apple does an exclusive with them then I'll change smartphones and get one of the new Blackberry's.

5. madracer2007 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's true

I have inside information at Apple. I know its hard to believe. The next generation phone will upgrade to the G3 system. What can I say? This person is super source.

6. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Don't you mean 3G?

You're fooling nobody.

7. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

if only:rolleyes:.....good job with the spy work there noob.
    I vote that noob's can't create new threads unless they have 100 posts.

8. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

just because she's holding an apple doesnt mean she works for apple.

;)

9. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

haha he probably thinks they are putting the G3s in the iphones. :rolleyes: fastest phone on the market :D But the battery life is only 20 minutes. :(

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

LOL Thanks for the laugh. I can't believe the goofy rumors people try to start on here.

11. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

wow thats great news! Guess what else - i heard that Gisele Bundchen dumped Brady because of how he got tossed around like a little bitch at the superbowl so she's back on the market. Oh wait, someone just knocked on my door.....

12. aristobrat macrumors G4

Everyone knows that a 3G iPhone is coming --- for AT&T. That has nothing to do with your original post about the iPhone + Verizon. :rolleyes:

13. candan9019 macrumors regular

3G can refer to HSDPA which is in the GSM family which is what the next iPhone will use with the ATT network. But 3G also refers to EVDO in the CDMA family which is what Verizon uses. So 3G doesn't mean Verizon.

14. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

That might be a good idea. I didn't even comment in this thread and he sent me this PM:

Niiiiiiiiiice... apparently he must be 10 years old. Not a long stretch here but I'm guessing madracer2007 is also mad4mac.

15. aristobrat macrumors G4

Someone get teh Ban Hamster ready... Why the heck would he send a PM like that? :mad: I would have been all over the "Report Post" button, personally.

I wish vBulletin had the magical ability to correlate post-styles with IP addresses to catch people who register multiple accounts just to start crap. Grrrrrr.

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

But it does have the ability to find other members who are using the same IP as someone else which almost just as good.

17. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I just looked and there isn't any report post button in PMs.