Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Midgetinabikini

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Since last night my iphone is no longer surfing with WIFI. I had to reset the network setting, but still nothing.

It connects to my router, a valid IP address, but that's it...I an now checking the EDGE settings.

In the meanwhile, what should I do if none works? reset the entire phone? now I'm using the latest firmware (2.2.1 I believe) on first generation iPhone

Bmode

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2004
California, USA
I have this issue without a jail broken 3G iPhone. It loses my home WIFI connection when I venture out to another WIFI network like at Starbucks, coming back home it won't see my network? So I have to restart the iPhone, then it finds it.

Midgetinabikini

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
I have this issue without a jail broken 3G iPhone. It loses my home WIFI connection when I venture out to another WIFI network like at Starbucks, coming back home it won't see my network? So I have to restart the iPhone, then it finds it.

I'm connected to the network, but can't do anything. it seems I have the same problem with the EDGE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.