iPhone and White spots on a black screen!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by draperm25, May 25, 2008.

1. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

hi all,

I was just wondering if I should return my iPhone to my O2 store where I bought it because I have noticed that when I have a full black screen on my iPhone I have about 4 White spots coming through. The only thing I'm concerned about is that I bought it in November/December can't remember which month, will look at the reciept later, and I have jailbroken and unlocked it using ziphone when that first came out so it downgraded the bootloader to 3.9

Can I just do a full restore and take it back to my o2 store or is it too late?

Thanks

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Sounds like your screen has some dead pixels. Whether or not you can bring it back to O2 depends on any warranty / return policies they have in place. I'm guessing you're probably SOL as any limited warranties you may have been under most likely would have expired by now. Unless you got the extended Apple Care support or something like that...

3. rapps macrumors regular

I had some burn-in white streaks on mine. I just brought it back last night and they gave me a new (refurb) within 5 minutes. I'd take it in and tell them that its bothering you.

4. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

Mine has been doing this as well. Slight whiter areas. Just two small spots, that aren't visible when viewed from straight on, but at any angle they are clearly visible.

If you take it back, I'd like to hear what they say.

5. askh macrumors newbie

I am having this problem too. I have had my phone only 2 weeks and already 2 white spots have shown up on the screen. Did you ever take your phone in? I am just wondering what happened.

6. skane macrumors newbie

white dots at bottom of iPhone

I've seen the white dot appear for this reason:
    if you have more than one home screen (up to seven or eight allowed), a gray dot will appear for each screen you've created. The dot correlating to the screen you're currently on will turn bright white.

Steve

7. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

That is definitely not what they're talking about.