Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edward-k

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2004
I had an iphone 3g when it first came out but returned it 14 days later. I was having a horrible time getting email - i had it set up to check for email every 15 min, but it would literally take hours to get emails. I really miss the iphone and am really considering another ~ just curious if anyone else experienced email problems and if they have been corrected with software updates?
Thanks
Ed

deimos256

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
thats not true i have woke up in the middle of the night, never touched my phone, and have heard the new email sound

CrzyCanuck72

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
if reliable push email is really important to you, I would probably go with a BlackBerry over an iPhone. Email retrieval is really spotty... I have it checking a gmail account, and it automatically fetches emails 25% of the time (what it's supposed to do), pushes emails 25% of the time (gmail doesn't have push, yet this happens sometimes), and I have to retrieve them manually 50% of the time. It's really inconsistent.

RITZFit

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Just around the river bend
the 2.0 update killed my last gen iphone in more ways then one. it stopped searching for new mail all together. ever since the 2.1 update, its been retrieving my mail pretty regularly (on average, mabey 3 or so minutes after the email actually reached my mail account). i assume your using 2.1 right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.