iPhone Antenna issue Replicated on 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaveTaylor, Jul 1, 2010.

1. DaveTaylor thread starter macrumors 6502

I honestly thought this thread would have been buzzing quickly....

2. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Most people don't care or don't want to accept that the problem isn't unique to their iPhone 4. There are two camps right now. Those who want to get angry and stay angry.. These people are working very hard to keep themselves wound up. Then there are those who aren't.

Just look where some people ordered cases or Bumpers, then found out they "needed" to use a case or Bumper or else their phone wouldn't work right and they got angry.

I suspect Apple is looking into the problem, but want to keep it hushed up until they actually have something. So, once again.. if you can't accept the iPhone 4 as is, or if it really isn't working for you, you know what to do.. (hint, it doesn't involve the federal government or wambulance chasing lawyers).

3. cfink macrumors member

Brilliant post.

Fink :apple:

4. DaveTaylor thread starter macrumors 6502

To be honest i'm right handed and use my iPhone 4 in my right hand without any issues so it doesn't bother me what so ever :p.

5. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Along the same thought, why doesn't someone load OS 3 on the iphone4 and see what happens?

6. DaveTaylor thread starter macrumors 6502

Effort lol.

7. cfink macrumors member

Because then it wouldn't be their phone and their lawsuits would get thrown out.

Fink :apple:

8. dagomike macrumors 65816

There's no denying phones attenuate when held.

The problem is the iPhone 4 does it worse and drops calls where the 3GS doesn't.

Frankly unless the phone drops the call, I don't care what the bars say. They're basically useless. Call quality is what matters.

9. aperry macrumors 6502a

I hear so many angry people complaining and moaning about this, but so few people actually returning their phone for a refund. That's interesting to me.

10. dagomike macrumors 65816

There's an install for the iPhone 4?

11. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

I don't know for sure, but why couldn't it be done?

12. dagomike macrumors 65816

As far as I know OS installs are device specific, so you'd need to find a package that was created for a device that didn't exist. I suppose you could jailbreak and get it on there somehow, but any result there would be hard to call valid.

13. g8rdmd macrumors member

I had similar issues on my 3GS when I tried to use a carbon fiber case... Put the case on and the signal went to pot. Take the case off and the signal magically reappeared. My solution? I got a different case. So yes, my 3GS had signal issues :D

Honestly, I've noticed the 4's bars rise and fall depending on my grip--it hasn't affected anything I've tried to do with it yet. I planned on getting a bumper anyway just to help protect the back glass when I set it down. Problem solved :cool: