Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Was at a local electronics retailer and realized how similar the iPhone 6 stripes are to the HTC One:

HTC-One_Silver_3V-623-80.jpg

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Yeah, but HTC did it better. Heck, even iPhone 6 with its same 4.7 inches came pretty close with the M7's dimensions, just slimmer.

I still think the HTC One M7 is the best designed smartphone today (minus those expensive luxury brands). M7 looks better than M8. But M8 looks better than both iPhone 6 models.

My only knock on the white strips from the glacial silver HTC One (2013) is it can get dirty unlike the gun metal gray of the M8 with black strips. I used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and it still never got the slight pencil mark on the bottom rear strip. And Beats Audio logo is starting to fade.

But the back of my M7 still looks great even with minor cosmetic flaws. Silver and white looks good together. Classy chrome chamfered edges on both sides. I wanted the black but I realized the matte attracts too much oils and fingerprints. This also applies to my metallic silver of my Mi 3. The all-black attracts smudges very easily whether matte, glossy plastic, or glass. Not a fan of dual tone but a silver matte finish really is the best at resisting smudges.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.