iPhone app collecting data from blogspot etc. ?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Halfdan, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Halfdan macrumors newbie

Hello guys!

Is it possible for an iPhone app to collect different ''quotes'' etc. from a fx. blogspot?

I'm creating an app that should give me a sentence everytime i hit a button on the app.
    Instead of creating thousands of windows in storyboard i was thinking that there maybe was i code that would help me alot.
    I'm thinking if i write 1000 sentences etc. on a website, blogspot etc. are there then a code that could bring up a random sentence from that site?

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

1000's of windows?
    You don't have alot of experience with MVC etc do you.
    the thing is, you can have 1 label, and each time you press a button repopulate it with new text that you have in a dictionary, or whatever, and just pick a random entry..

3. Halfdan thread starter macrumors newbie

Ha

Ha, no i don't!
    Thank god, i think you just saved me for alot of work and computer-stress.

Can you write more specific how you do that? ...would be a great help!

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

What have you done to educate yourself on the fundamentals of Objective-C and iOS Programming? Please be specific.

5. Halfdan thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello.

Hello.

I didn't ''educate myself'' - i'm just having some fun wandering around the apple-developer-world and see if i can produce something.... working ;-)

6. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

I think you should take a step back, and just check into some basics, ofcourse you will get something working slurring some code together, but it won't be.. anything near good, or apple store matter. even for your own phone, since it will crash all the time.
    You need to know basic OOP stuff like, what are objects, what are properties, what are arrays, what can be done with for loops.
    Just some examples ;)

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Alright. Have fun!