Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thisisarcadia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
New Orleans, LA
Hi i know im probably going to get bashed for asking this because there are some pretty harsh people on these forums, but i am very interested in developing for the iphone. I have always been interested in electronics and i wanted to know what do i need to know if i have no coding experience what so ever. How and what can i do to learn? I know it will take awhile maybe even years to learn but i am moving into my first year in college and i really want to develop this skill over the next few years so if you have any advice as to getting started feel free to comment! Thank you!

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
Hi i know im probably going to get bashed for asking this because there are some pretty harsh people on these forums, but i am very interested in developing for the iphone. I have always been interested in electronics and i wanted to know what do i need to know if i have no coding experience what so ever. How and what can i do to learn? I know it will take awhile maybe even years to learn but i am moving into my first year in college and i really want to develop this skill over the next few years so if you have any advice as to getting started feel free to comment! Thank you!

Before everyone else bashes you ;) there's an iPhone programming forum just lower on the forum page. Check out one of the sticky threads, there's some useful information there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.