iphone app for a digital art auction

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Casey-Scalf, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Casey-Scalf macrumors newbie

I am having an art show at my house and would love to collate technology with this event. People will bid on pieces of art and I would like this to be via an application I made.

I would like it to:
    - Store a person's contact info and name
    - Save their bid history
    - Be live updating
    - Display the action on a screen (preferably a laptop; bigger)

My questions are this:

-- Is there a name for this type of service or feature?

-- Can I accomplish this without making a separate program for a laptop (or do the laptop need to act as a server)?

-- Would it be easier to make a website that facilitates these features?

I appreciate any help!

2. chown33 macrumors 604

Make a web app using JavaScript and HTML.

What programming languages are you currently fluent in?

When is the deadline (the auction date)?

3. Casey-Scalf thread starter macrumors newbie

I know a bit of HTML from last quarter but not exactly fluent in JavaScript.

There isn't really a rush for the deadline since I am hosting it, just sometime in the spring. Pus this will be a good project for class.

So I would say any C variant I am fluent with. My friend and I have a bit of overlapping knowledge in those areas.

I was primarily looking for the easiest, tangle free experience possible (even if that is a bird's nest). Basically not looking to create a museum quality app, just one that is functional. And I have never ventured into the networking side of xcode and was looking for someone to suggest better diction for what I was describing, maybe a famous app out there already for clues, or perhaps a definite phrase for what kind of program I am referring to (all the better to search the web with).

Thanks