iPhone App MeterRead, GREEN Apps in general

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by zerogate, Oct 28, 2008.

1. zerogate macrumors newbie

zerogate

Hello,

We finally got our iPhone app, MeterRead on the market. It helps users read their electric meter and provides feedback on the usage, including an estimate of kilowatt hours (kW-h)for the next 30 days.

Studies show that motivated people who monitor their electric use save around 10-20% on their electric bill, so this app should pay for itself in the first week. Please check it out at http://www.zerogate.com or the App Store. We have a link to our first YouTube video there as well. It will be updated soon (to be shorter and to the point) but it has some good information about the app.

The trend toward going green on the app store is a great thing and it's growing; apps like "Go Green" and "Green Tips" give you a new tip everyday to help the environment while "Miley" or "MPG" or "Fuel Guage" help you track your auto's mileage and there is even a "Green Light" CFL flashlight app, probably the 50th flashlight, but at least it makes you think about the environment. "GreenMeter" is a hypermiling tool. I'm sure their are more out there and more to come. Please let me know if you've found any other cool Green Apps out there.

Go Green, Save Green!

I'll attach some screenshots. Please check it out. Thanks and remember, every little bit helps.

Attached Files:

2. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

3. Nabby macrumors regular

App Store Link

Call me crazy, but I couldn't find a link anywhere to the application in the App Store, either in this thread or on their website. I would correct that if it were me.

Here's the link to the App store for this thread.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294158423&mt=8 (And I'll admit that I don't know how to show just a text description like "App Store" to hide the URL....)

Looks like a neat idea.

Nabby

4. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

We can't have that now, can we?

To show a text link as custom text, simply use the following code (removing the Astrix's):

[*url="http://www.razorianfly.com"]This is the link's text[/*url]

The above would turn out as: This is the link's text.

Hope this helps.

As for the application, it's a great way to save some cash.
    Go n' get it!

R-Fly

5. Nabby macrumors regular

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the tip on how to do the URL!

I'm considering picking up the app as well. It looks like a great idea.

Nabby

6. zerogate thread starter macrumors newbie

zerogate

App is updating

Hello,

The app is going through a slight update for a small visual bug fix. I see it in the app store, but it does say 'item requested unavailable' right now. Hopefully this will be fixed today. It is going to it's regular price of $2.99 on 11-2-08.

Thanks for the support.

Mark

7. zerogate thread starter macrumors newbie

zerogate

Update

Update: We will keep the app at $.99 at least until 11-7-08 due it not being available today. Hopefully it will be back online soon with the update. I resubmitted the price adjustment so hopefully it will remain at $.99. If you see it at $2.99, please wait for the adjustment.

Thanks for the support.

I was wondering what everyone thought regarding our slogan "Go Green, Save Green!" vs. "Read. Record. Analyze. Save." Right now we're using both but I would really appreciate some feedback on what everyone thinks is the better slogan.

Thanks!