Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
I saw this today and thought it was neat. Seems to work pretty good. Mac only at this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBmgrbSb7Ow

Link

picture-4.png

Have you ever wanted to rearrange your applications on your iPhone, but ended up messing up pages of apps? Well, now there is a solution for that, and it’s called Movement. Movement essentially lets your rearrange all of your applications on your iPhone or iPod Touch, straight from your Mac. Seems too good to be true, right? Of course, there’s a catch. It requires a jailbroken iPhone.

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
Isn't there a rumor that this same type of feature will be included by Apple in 3.1? I seem to recall hearing that.

mstier09

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
looks cool!
once again, leave it to the jailbreak community to solve problems that apple should have considered from the beginning.

JennaLDS

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
Utah!
It wouldnt happen to say anything about coming to PC would it?? I really want a Mac but cant afford it at the moment.. PC is always last in line.. lol

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
It wouldnt happen to say anything about coming to PC would it?? I really want a Mac but cant afford it at the moment.. PC is always last in line.. lol

Get a gently used Mac laptop off Craigslist.

I've had two. Both have served me as well as a new one.

1st ---> iBook G4 bought for $350, used for 1 year, sold for $250
2nd --> MacBook bought for $500, ready for Snow Leopard !

Total outlay $600 for over 1 year of use.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

The Software works pretty good and it would

be nice to see this added to the next iTunes update. It's very handy Now that I've used it

JennaLDS

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
Utah!
Get a gently used Mac laptop off Craigslist.

I've had two. Both have served me as well as a new one.

1st ---> iBook G4 bought for $350, used for 1 year, sold for $250
2nd --> MacBook bought for $500, ready for Snow Leopard !

Total outlay $600 for over 1 year of use.

I will definitely look! Sounds like a good deal to me.. Then maybe I can get one sooner than expected!

clarkgoble

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2003
Wow its pretty cool. Just signed up to be a tester.

Unfortunately its screen updating is really horrible. So if you don't have a large monitor it won't work too well for you. I have a sneaking suspicion that by the time it's working right iTunes 9 will be out with the same features.

Still cool project.

Dominat0r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7A341)

Can't wait for this to come to iTunes. Actually I'm hoping we get it period. Sooooo awful swapping icons on the phone.

clarkgoble

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2003
What I'm most intrigued by is how they are accessing the springboard.plist. It appears to be syncing via the USB cable. I know there was a plugin for MacFuse that used to be able to do this but it hasn't been updated for a year and doesn't work with 3.x.

I've tried lots of ways to access my phone but the only reliable one I've found is Cyberduck + Bonjour. I even gave up using netatalk.

twon

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2009
California
Unfortunately its screen updating is really horrible. So if you don't have a large monitor it won't work too well for you.

I agree, just tried it and it is quite cumbersome, the icons get all jumbled up in the program when scrolling back and forth to see all your pages. It took me as long as if I was just doing it on my phone. It is a good idea, just need to get it sorted out better.

foob

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2009
What I'm most intrigued by is how they are accessing the springboard.plist. It appears to be syncing via the USB cable. I know there was a plugin for MacFuse that used to be able to do this but it hasn't been updated for a year and doesn't work with 3.x.

I've tried lots of ways to access my phone but the only reliable one I've found is Cyberduck + Bonjour. I even gave up using netatalk.

Does the USB cable have to be plugged in?

I'm not a mac user but am curious about this program because it seems like it should be simple since the icon arrangent is right there in tge plist and I'm surprised there aren't versions for other operating systems yet.

I've found clients using the webdav protocol to be good for working on the iphone's file system.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
For those of us who use Categories (since the iTunes version doesn't display the icons which are inside the folders correctly), Movement has just been updated to 1.4 to work with 3.1 firmware.

It displays Five Icon Dock correctly and doesn't show the icons hidden in folders the way the iTunes version shows them scrambled all over vacant locations on every open page.

3998993411_b8fa19fd8d.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.