iPhone app rejection by apple

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by sasung, Nov 5, 2011.

1. sasung macrumors newbie

Hello

My app has been rejected by apple and the reason is:
    2.13: Apps that are primarily marketing materials or advertisements will be rejected

What kind of new functionality should i add to get approval?

Thanks in advance.

2. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

3. sasung, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

sasung thread starter macrumors newbie

It just shows information about the company and services.

4. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

So what is the advantage to downloading and installing an app for that? Why not just have an iPhone/iPad-optimised website?

If you want an app, here's some things I think of that would make the app worthwhile.

• Allow me to book a vehicle service, including options for things like what type of service and requesting a courtesy vehicle.
    • Allow me to track the service of my vehicle.
    • Push a notification when a quote if available.
    • Allow me to authorise the quote.
    • Push a notification when the vehicle is ready for pickup.

However none of this would require app. It all could also be done in an iPhone/iPad-optimised website, using email instead of push notifications. The added advantage of that would be that other users could also access the same features, eg. users with other smartphones, users without a smartphone accessing from a computer.

5. sasung thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick response.
    I'll update the app as per your suggestions. But,will it be approved after all these update or they still reject my app.

Can you please post similar app link,if possible.

Thanks again.

6. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Pizza delivery apps? Have a couple of those, does exactly what your app does + the things posts ^above me said.
    So, don't see the issue why it would be rejected after ;) gogo coding ^_-

7. sasung thread starter macrumors newbie

8. sasung thread starter macrumors newbie

if i add meter calculation(using distance) alone,do they approve it???

any idea?

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You're really asking questions that have no definitive answer; they will be guesses based on app approval history.

Your app does nothing and it needs to do something. Are you saying that you can add the meter rates to the app to calculate estimated charges if I hire a car to take me from point A to point B?* That would make me download the app but only if there was not an iPhone friendly website that allowed the same. I am not one for downloading 100's of apps any more.

You're also asking US to do YOUR homework. I think this is inappropriate. If you want to design an app then do so. If you want it approved then take Apple's advice and the advice already given and try your luck. Why would you even bother wasting time on an app that has not actual functionality? A good app can help drive business up. I'll tell you that I tend to spend my money places that make my life easier so if there is an App that makes getting a cab and knowing how much it will cost that will do that then that cab company earns my business.

*I assume you're a cab company but either way the logic still applies.
    Don't be lazy, do your homework.

10. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

There is the resolution center if you think Apple's judgement was incorrect... I've never used it, personally... honestly, I've never heard anyone use it at all that I can remember...

11. sasung thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not know app will be rejected because of this reason. I'm just a newbie :confused: But,i have seen lot of other app which has just one page and does nothing :D
    i was just trying to share few things with expertise before i start to do my home work. After the update,i hope they won't reject it based on app history :(

Actually i thought of just adding one simple alternate functionality to get approval. Then updating it newer version later. but i think it doesn't work with app store.
    Better,i should follow suggestions made by "jiminaus"

Anyway thanks for all the suggestions. I really appreciate it ;)