iPhone App Store, Forcing payments?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DrCoffeeMD, Oct 20, 2010.

1. DrCoffeeMD macrumors newbie

Okay I am getting really frustrated with all the technology in my house lately and now I have to add my iPhone to that list.
    For some reason I dont know if its my phone, or her phone or the service but a friend of mine and me arent recieving each others text messages to each other (we have had problems with her service in the past, it does suck up there) but lately the past 4 days we cant get anything to each other. Can anyone figure out how to solve this or whats up?

Also my main problem is I tried to download one of those Text free apps that says Free on it and its forcing me to make a purchase with the credit card I have linked to my account. But I tested and its doing this for any App I try to download, on iTunes and on my iPhone. I cant even update my current apps when I hit okay update it says "Hit Cancel or Continue to verify your payment" then I go through and I see credit info asking me to accept. I dont wanna pay for a freaking free app I mean wtf is going on.

Please can someone help me. Its all so frustrating, Im starting to have a nervous break down. Literally all the technology in my house is fighting me, I cant take the lag and this ******** now.
    I used to just sign into my apple account, then agree to terms and conditions and its all cool. Now i sign in and it asks me to confirm my payment. Please people help.

Also anyone know about the texts not going through thing?
    Can you block a phone number with ATT so that you cant receive or send them texts anymore, I am not getting an error it says my messages go through. Im just checking to see if like my father didnt block this persons phone number and if i did would I know?
    Oh btw I was on 4.0.1 still and I own a 3GS and I just upgraded to 4.1 to try fixing all this and yeah no it didnt

Thanks everyone I really need help, i am going insane.

2. plusonechoi macrumors member

I don't remember if this is exactly what had happened, but you may have to just confirm your credit card information so that if you ever do make an app purchase they have a card to link it to

3. mattydee87 macrumors regular

Not saying you're wrong, but I often don't have a card linked to my account in case I spend too much in the app store (too addictive sometimes) and it never asks me for my card details unless I try to buy an app, where it then says insufficient funds and would I like to add a card. Apps update no problem with no card being linked to the account, for me anyway.

4. DrCoffeeMD thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i never had to do this before and now its randomly coming up and I am getting so mad. Also I dont even recall putting a card on my account and ever buying something but its there, my dads card and its expired. I dont know whats going on, anyone else got any ideas?
    Edit: btw it's asking me to update my payment info cause the card I have on there is expired and I will take screen shots of what's up if your all confused. For the love of god someone help me :(
    EDIT AGAIN: Okay turns out if you make a new account you need a card on there to work the account, so i just put a new card on my account and now it all works. I guess cause my card was expired. So can you guys address my other questions and problems thanks

5. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

i've had it ask for credit card details when a card has expired and there have been outstanding payments, it seems the store doesn't take payment immediately, when this has happened i've not been able to do any updates or download any free apps until i've updated my card details.

put *0# at the start of your text & you get a notification when it is received, im sure that when texts has failed i have had some sort of notification.

6. DrCoffeeMD thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah if it doesnt go through then a red exclamation point is next to it showing it didnt send or go through and it will say Message Send Fail or something under the person name where all your convo's are.

where did you find out that thingy ? and how do u get a notification like do you get a text saying it went through or what

7. DrCoffeeMD thread starter macrumors newbie

So can anyone else help with my sending messages problem. Is there anyway to tell if my message got through to the other person?

And like I said if my father blocked a phone number preventing me to keep in contact with this person, would I know? Im just curious cause idk I used to be able to talk to her and now its like nothing at all gets through

8. Orion126 macrumors regular

Have you tried contacting the service provider (ATT?). Let them know the issue...I'm sure they will be able to help you out.

9. DrCoffeeMD thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I dont pay the bill so i dont know any of that info so I cant really tell.

10. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Since it's not your account then only the owner of the account can help you. Sounds like your father doesn't want you speaking to your friend. :mad:

Solution:

Talk to your father or get your own phone. :cool:

11. DrCoffeeMD thread starter macrumors newbie

But how can I know?
    i mean it says my messages are getting through, dont you think if the number was blocked then it would say Message Send Failure.

12. Syk macrumors 6502a

My son's ipod asked for payment last nite when he tried to download something free. I hit the ok buy button it took me to a screen and showed my information and payment type none was none as it should be, pressed ok and went on my way...