iPhone App Store Genius recommendations empty

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by testcard, Apr 30, 2010.

1. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

I always have the iPhone App Store Genius recommendations turned on by default. Always worked fine until today, when I got the message "You do not currently have any recommendations". Strange, as I have 5 pages of apps. Logged into my account, turned Genius off, turned it back on again, agreed to terms and conditions etc, but the Genius recommendations page is still empty. Anyone else ever had this?

2. JJMAN macrumors newbie

Howdy. Just yesterday it started flaking out on me and showing like 3 items and then today it doesnt show any recommendations at all. Its working exactly like your are saying yours is working. I even dl a app from the iphone that I didnt even want and it still cant and doesnt recommend anything.

Anyone else? :)

JJMAN.org

3. Hellscream2005 macrumors newbie

Same problem here!

For some reason I'm getting the same error! It's good to know I'm not alone :p maybe apple is tinkering with the app genius on the server side?

4. testcard thread starter macrumors 68030

testcard

Three of us - that's good to know! Certainly sounds like server side.

5. JJMAN macrumors newbie

Yeah sounds like el appitoe is messen with something.
    Btw I'm running a 3GS 32gb just for information.

:)

JJMAN.org

6. JJMAN macrumors newbie

UPDATE: just started working again. Hard tellin what changed though. :):):)

7. Morac macrumors 6502a

Morac

8. jacobj macrumors 65816

jacobj

It has stopped working for me as well. It says that I have to start downloading apps to make it work (9 pages of apps so far).

I am assuming that this is an Apple error: but is it an error that crops up on the phone once in a while that requires a restore to fix, or is it server side?

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm in the UK using 16GB 3GS

9. JJMAN macrumors newbie

Howdy. Mine is still working this morning. I did fail to mention that I had drove to st Louis missouri Last night which picked up multiple 3g networks and it just started working. I live about 65 miles south east of st Louis Missouri.
    So maaybe connect with another 3g network to kickstart it? I don't know I just know that was when it started working for me.
    Also when I first click the genius, it sometimes only list like 5 apps till I click on more apps. So it's still definetly flaky but just a suggestion to maybe try
    and I truely don't think we need to restore. I believe it to be totally on Apples server side.

JJMAN.org

10. JJMAN macrumors newbie

I forgot to mention that I ALWAYS use my wireless network for dl apps from either here at home or from work (35 miles away) and the 3g network was the only thing that was any different in the connections I use. It could be that mine started working on its own (some flake as for how many apps show the first time) and that the connection has nothing at all to do with it. but it would be worth a try since I dont know what else to try. :)
    Good luck fellas. :)

JJMAN.org

11. testcard thread starter macrumors 68030

testcard