iPhone App store reverted

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DuFFy, Jun 18, 2009.

1. DuFFy macrumors regular

When i went to 3.0 the App Store changed to have the "More" option instead of Updates, as it should. Today, its back to how it was pre-3.0 with just the updates option. Its fine with me cuz i dont ever use redeem, i was just wondering if it changed for everyone else too or some people, did my iphone read my mind? :D

2. Screwtape macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me, but I already rearranged the icons and now they are stuck out of order. I'm actually very annoyed with it.

3. DuFFy thread starter macrumors regular

hmmm..thats really weird, cuz i did rearrange mine when it had the "more" tab and now they are back to how they used to before the update

4. sd2009 macrumors 6502

Its better this way. It was pointless having the "more" option just for "redeem" and "updates". If I want to redeem a gift card i can do that on the itunes app.

5. xyion1 macrumors regular

how the heck did they manage that? I'm still running the GM from last week, so it wasn't slipped in to final release. I am 99% certain it was the "More" button yesterday.

Can they run code over the air? Cool!

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It must be that the store's behavior in this respect is remotely programmable -- it's not so much that they're "running code over the air" as they're just presenting a different format for the store, and the app I think must always have been able to show either format...

7. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Yep same, more and redeem are missing and they were there before.

And the Apps Store and iTunes store do get interface changes sometimes without firmware updates.

Like when they updated the iTunes store to allow you to download over the cellular network and in the app store adding the buttons at the top to sort by release date, free etc..

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I saw the thread earlier about this and was confused because I never had the "more" tab.

9. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Oh thank god. I thought I was alone with this problem.