iPhone App Store Use Different Login

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crisito, Jul 20, 2009.

1. crisito macrumors regular

I'm trying to use a different login than the current username on the iPhone.

How do I change it?

Instead of it asking for the password for crisito1, I want it to ask for the password of crisito2 (my other account).

Thanks

2. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think you just open iTunes, change the user authenticated for the iTunes store in iTunes (you can go to the store and click on the user name in the upper right or do it from the menu). Then re-sync the phone and the phone should also now authenticate to the new user. Of course, you immediately lose access to everything that's licensed to you under the other user....

4. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

5. kelpi macrumors regular

kelpi

MobileMe

For search purposes and future reference:

iTunes does not allow you to change to an MobileMe address as it's already enrolled. So annoying!

6. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

Correct - I was just talking about this today with a colleague. I can't understand why 2 services owned by the same company can't accommodate the merge of two individual pre-existing accounts when you can can create both accounts with the same information if done at the same time.
    I didn't have MobileMe when I started using iTunes and now, as many of us are, I am stuck with using 2 different accounts / sign ons.

Wheww.. I feel better. :)

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I agree that it should all be streamlined, but... have either of you tried contacting customer service about this? Maybe they can do it, even if it's not available from your screen?

8. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

Yes, I have.