Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

131239-017883_225.jpg

An example of an app that fills a very specific need is Bow cam [App Store], a $0.99 application that is self described as "the greatest application for all the dog lovers".

Why not take a photo with the normal iPhone camera?
Whenever you take picture of your dog, the most difficult part is to attract his attention. Bow Cam is the best solution for it. Launch the app, and once you are ready, touch the "BOW" button. The iPhone will bark and call the dog for you!!

There are 10 different barking sound effects so select the one your dog most
Yes, this app will bark for you in order to capture your dog's attention. Credit to the developer for originality.

App Store Link: Bow cam, $0.99

Article Link: iPhone App to Take a Photo of Your Dog

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I guess that's better than having your iPhone emit a fish smell or something else to get their attention. :eek: :D

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I hope the money you got for promoting that app was worth it. I died a little inside.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
CockCam Anyone?

What if I want to take a picture of my Rooster? :eek:
Will the iPhone play a cock-a-doodle-doo sound? ;)
Unfortunately this guy is going to make a dog-s**t-load of money with this App... HAHAHA

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I don't know what's worse. The fact that someone made this app or that this app is consider "news".

MacTheSpoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
LOL, I think it's hilarious. If I had a dog, I'd buy it just out of curiosity, to see if it worked!

Also, I love the product description on the app store... excellent stuff. That alone is worth at least $.25, and you can read it for free!

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I don't know what's worse. The fact that someone made this app or that this app is consider "news".

I think the worse part is the fact that it made it onto the App Store.

Seems to me that it's less valuable than the pull my finger application. It's less amusing and has fewer sounds. I suppose the fact it takes a picture makes up for those drawbacks though... except that's duplicating existing applications.

Apple just needs to admit what the real reason behind not allowing the pull my finger app was: it's immature and will make Apple look immature for allowing it on the store.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
The iPhone camera quality sucks anyway, and if the dog moves one inch while you take the picture, it just comes out as a blurry mess. No app can save it.

ztigerpaw

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2008
What if I want to take a picture of my Rooster? :eek:
Will the iPhone play a cock-a-doodle-doo sound? ;)
Unfortunately this guy is going to make a dog-s**t-load of money with this App... HAHAHA

This just in! Guy makes fortune on dog app.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
I choose...

No. You don't. It's called choice.

Exercise yours and let others exercise theirs...
:rolleyes:

I choose to ridcule this app for it's supreme stupidity: Dog Camera App, I ridicule you and your developer. You are supremely stupid and worthless. You aren't worth even the time it takes to download you, nor even the stress on the liquid crystals in my beloved iPhone's screen to display your icon, and you certainly aren't worth $.99. Stupid Dog Camera App, if I can't get my dog's attention by calling her, how are you going to do better with tinny barking sounds? Did you realize that the quiet speakers won't even be pointing at the dog when taking a picture? If I could I would overwrite you seven times with zeros, just to be sure there was no trace of you left.

Anyway, it would be better if it made the sound of a rabbit in distress. <-- serious suggestion. That makes my dog go wild.

bobbleheadbob

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Massachusetts
Barking up the wrong tree, dawgs

I'm not biting. I'd download it if it were free, but don't think it's worth even the .99 cents (unless it also did something with the camera). Dog-gone nice idea, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.