Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsimpson

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
Yeah I wish there was one too, but I really wish there was one for the NCAA.

Schmoe0013

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2006
I would bet that the NFL will be coming out with an app similar to what the MLB did.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Doubt this will happen. The NFL has an exclusive deal with Sprint.

KidStallyn

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2008
Does an NFL APP exist similar to MLB at Bat? I can't believe MLB has it and the NFL doesn't.

The MLB was a waste of 5 bux. Gimme some streaming live audio....sumthin. The video quality is terrible. Are they filming games for iPhone video with cameras from the 70s???

Oskee2001

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
I was really pleased with MLB at bat. the quality was perfect on 3G and wifi. Edge sucked, but whatever. Anyway, the best thing i've found for football is Espn's iphone optimized site.

CKtoph

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2007
Doubt this will happen. The NFL has an exclusive deal with Sprint.

Exactly. As much as I'd want one, it doesn't look like we have a shot at an NFL official or an ESPN one. Sprint has exclusivity with both the NFL and ESPN. Our best hope for a high end application for the NFL would probably be with CBS Sportsline or Fox Sports.

As many have said, Sportstacular is a great app so far. I also just got an email from them saying that they have an application in development specific for fantasy sports, but unfortunately it won't be ready until next season.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
The video quality is terrible. Are they filming games for iPhone video with cameras from the 70s???

Higher quality = more data to stream/download = higher costs to site and carrier.

It is frustrating that other countries (non-US) are walking around watching TV on their phones as the rule, not the exception. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.