iPhone Apple Logo

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 1manarmyaf, Jan 22, 2010.

1. 1manarmyaf macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!
    I just bought my first Iphone last week, and it's definately an amazing phone.
    I've been reading that the apple logo scatches easily , i even see a slight scratch already and i've been babying my phone. I have a few otterbox cases that i'm happy with. Right now i have the impact case, but i ordered the commuter with the apple logo protector. Until i get the other case, i've heard of people cutting out holes from a screen protector and putting it on the logo, but is it safe to do that? I don't want to scratch it up by trying to protect it lol.

Thanks guys

2. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

As long as you clean the back of the iPhone before you put the screen protector on, you will be fine. You just don't want any dirt to be trapped between the logo and the protector because then it may scratch.

3. 1manarmyaf thread starter macrumors newbie

4. beaner454 macrumors regular

My suggestion would be to just get over the honeymoon/babying stage as soon as possible.

I was there too with my 1g iPhone, I had the Agent 18 tank like case http://www.agent18.com/productdetail/iphones/ecoshield-slider-for-iphone/136.aspx

And then one day I realized it's not that big of a deal and took it out of the case and couldn't be happier. Not only do I not fret about every possible mark, but it's slimmer and looks so much better too.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Don't get too carried away with the OCD and just use the phone. :cool:

6. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

I also agree with the previous 2 posters. Whenever I get a new iPhone (2G, 3G, and 3GS) I always buy a case and a screen protector and put it on as soon as I unbox the new iPhone. Then, about a month later, I will say F it and take off the case. Then a week after that I will say F it again, and take off the screen protector. The naked iPhone is just so much nicer. I think when I buy my next iPhone (hopefully in April?!) I will resist the urge to waste $$$ on a case and screen protector.

7. 1manarmyaf thread starter macrumors newbie

lol yea the ocd is kicking in with this phone, and i'll get over it soon enough.
    Thank you all for your input, I appreciate it. :)